The whole point of free speech is not to make ideas exempt from criticism but to expose them to it.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Okay, Global Warming, one more time.

I've got a virtual friend, ultra conservative
(but clean and articlulate) who insists the
earth is actually getting colder, not warmer
lately (last 10 years or so.)

And so, he argues, the cap and trade deal
is a waste of time and money. A hysterical
chicken-little, sky-is-falling, conspiracy
designed to... well, I'm not sure about that part.

I'll have to ask him again.

Not clear on how old my guy here thinks
the planet is. But I suppose it wouldn't hurt
for us all to discuss some of these things,
given the current activity in the House.

For starters, let's look at this data from
Nate Silver.

Click Here.

Okay, twak amongst ya-selves.

I'm still feeling a little verklempt.

2 comments:

Bernd said...

Silver's numbers may be correct under CBO estimates which assume that congress will actually "rebate" 50% of the cap&trade revenues back to the public sector. Sure thing.

"Global Warming", brilliant campaign and I must give credit to the architects, but in the end it is always; "Follow the Money!".

Donna said...

I hope that the rebates planned will cover the cost increases to consumer goods. Placing the burden of costs onto the industrial sector accomplishes nothing. Production cost increases do nothing but ultimately fall to the cost of goods. When will they get it that big business doesn't actually pay for this. We do.