The whole point of free speech is not to make ideas exempt from criticism but to expose them to it.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Skating on thin ice

For the record: Judge Delaney's provision within my sentence that I "shall have no public role in any program regarding the legalization of marijuana or other drugs" is a reasonable provision for a person who has pled guilty to a felony.

My post (below) regarding Sen. Adelstein's gratuitous and execrable remarks in the "Comments" on the Journal interview with Judge Delaney was made because his remarks were, simply, lies. I do not believe that correcting the record regarding the specifics of an event can reasonably be taken to be advocacy of a political position.

I believe that part of Sen. Adelstein's purpose was to make a statement that he thought I would not be able to refute. If my refutation thereof is considered a violation, so be it. I am doing my best to earn a living in fields not related to that of which I may not speak. I am several miles down the road to rehabilitation as a productive member of society. I have many miles to go.

No comments: