Let's all consider this string the Great radical religious right (Grrr) string.
There has been a bit of speculation that I reside politically on the left. Here are my positions relative to religious right issues:
1. I have voted Republican in every presidential election since I was old enough to vote, which was 1973. I worked for Nixon in 1972 as a junior in High School. One exception: I voted for Ralph Nader in 2000 because I thought he would do less harm than Bush or Gore. Turns out, I was right.
2. Abortion. I don't have a womb. How can I tell others what they can or cannot do with theirs? This issue, more than any other, represents the downfall of the Republican Party. NOBODY uses abortion as a casual method of birth control. Anyone who would presume to force a woman to carry to term the progeny of a rapist is just another rapist. You don't hear me discussing this topic often and you won't in the future. And, nobody will change my mind, so don't bother trying, thank you very much.
3. Gay marriage. I believe that sexual orientation is something the vast majority of gays are born to. Who would CHOOSE to be gay? There's just no percentage in it. Who would choose to subject themselves to what gays are subjected to in society? I don't care if gays marry. I don't care if they are able to file their taxes jointly. I don't care if their employers' health insurance providers are forced to treat gay spouses as heterosexual spouses. I DON'T CARE! This is yet another non-issue that represents the downfall of the GOP.
4. Prayer in public school. People can pray all they want in public school, as long as they do it privately without organizing specific denominational prayer. My prayers are between me and my God. I don't want anyone – especially the likes of Bob Fisher and Sibby – choosing my prayer, or my childrens' prayers.
5. I am particularly offended by people who say that if I don't fall lock step in line with radical religious right issues, then I am a Republican In Name Only, and not welcome in the party. Well, congratulations folks, you ruined the party and are currently utterly powerless to stop a radical left-wing madman, who's too busy spending trillions of dollars on stuff that hasn't a prayer of working and can't seem to grasp the fact that North Korea and Iran are playing tiddly-winks with nuclear weapons. Hallelujah! People finally became so sick of you that they swung so far the other direction and elected someone so obtuse he may not notice you may have brought on the entire book of Revelations! Whoopee!