The whole point of free speech is not to make ideas exempt from criticism but to expose them to it.

Friday, July 3, 2009

Ok, Sarah, so I guess I don't speak Alaskan too good, ay?

Sarah Palin resigned as Governor of Alaska today.

Here's how she explains it:

"Once I decided not to run for re-election, I also felt
that to embrace the conventional Lame Duck status
in this particular climate would just be another dose
of politics as usual, something I campaigned against
and will always oppose," Palin said in a statement
released by her office.

"It is my duty to always protect our great state.
With that in mind, my family and I determined
that it is best to make a difference this summer,
and I am willing to change things, so that this
administration, with its positive agenda,
its accomplishments, and its successful road
to an incredible future, can continue
without interruption and with great administrative
and legislative success," she said."

There, I've typeset it as best I can, breaking
her syntax into chunks like they teach us
to do in graphic design class.

Now, dear readers, can any of you please
interpret Palin's quote for me?

Because seriously, I don't have a clue
as to what any of it means. Seriously.

1 comment:

Bill Fleming said...
This comment has been removed by the author.