The whole point of free speech is not to make ideas exempt from criticism but to expose them to it.

Friday, August 31, 2012

Clint, you made my day.

If you haven't checked out Clint Eastwood's 11 minutes at the Republican National Convention, I urge you to do so. It's below.

It was like a doddering old man had been awakened from a nap and dressed in a suit from Pac-Rat Palace and shoved out to fill eleven minutes with shit off the top of his head. I am not even sure Eastwood supports Romney; he makes comments that appear to excoriate Dubya.

His fake interview with Obama--via an emptychair--appears to make Romney and Ryan more uncomfortable than endorsed. All-in-all, I suspect the person who booked Clint wishes he hadn't.

It turns out that the doddering old man in a bad suit, appearing just awakened, hair a-fly, attempting to put into words what he means to say is a perfect analogy for the Republican Party.

1 comment:

James E Lutz said...

You’ve written nice post, I am gonna bookmark this page, thanks for info. I actually appreciate your own position and I will be sure to come back here. medical marijuana card az