The whole point of free speech is not to make ideas exempt from criticism but to expose them to it.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

It's an unpretentious piece of technology...

...but it's made me more money than any other camera I've owned.


I paid about $30 for this Nikon Coolpix L5. I have shot, so far (in six months), about 2500 photos of gas station bathrooms, pumps and "overall views" with it, along with a few shots of tax-prep store exteriors and cell-phone and "nutrition" stores. I've grossed about $20 grand doing so, none of which was possible without the camera, which could have been any number of cameras at any number of prices. I had to drive about 20000 miles to do it. We lose money on every deal, but we make it up in volume. 

Yes, I know it's fuzzy. I shot it with another cheap camera, in low light. The image was good enough to get across what I was trying to say.

1 comment:

BF said...

I like the fuzziness. It imparts that soft, come-hither, Penthouse, vaseline-on-the-lense look.

Very sexy, Bob, (if you're into that kind of thing).