The whole point of free speech is not to make ideas exempt from criticism but to expose them to it.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

I Guess You Ain’t My Constitchency.

I've only read about two paragraphs of this story of running for office by Matt Trask and I'm recommending you read it.

*****
A while back (early March, to be exact) I was at lunch at Frank Timmons’ place when a local politician showed up to get signatures on his petition to get on the ballot. And I got an awful, terrible idea. I decided right there, that by gar, I just better run for election. I cast about for an election to run in. And my idea got worser and worser. The Sheriff of Meade County was up for re-election this year. And I had fifteen days to get in the election.
*****
Read more...

And thanks to Cory at Madville for cueing me in on the story.

No comments: