The whole point of free speech is not to make ideas exempt from criticism but to expose them to it.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Octodoc and his patient...


Much as been written about docs who assist their patients in handling their reproductive challenges and about how the government should or shouldn't interfere. It is usually in the context of unwanted pregnancies. But what about THIS situation?

Here's one take on it:

Excerpt:

"Doctors who perform these procedures are supposed to evaluate the patient. The board claimed that Dr Kamrava’s “failure to recognise that [the patient's] behavior was outside the norm and that her conduct was placing her offspring at risk for potential harm.”

In recent days the “Octomom,” expressed deep regret over her historic birth of octuplets, saying, “I screwed my life up, I screwed up my kids’ life,” Nayda told an interviewer. She went on to say, “What the heck am I going to do? I have to put on this strong face, and I have to pretend like I don’t regret it.”

A date has yet to be set for Dr. Kamrava but at least he is under the watchful eye of the Medical Board. Hopefully he won’t be able to turn another vagina into a clown car anytime soon."

What say ye, Forumpolitans?

1 comment:

Taunia said...

Doctor and patient are both whack jobs.

I vaguely remember an interview where she said she couldn't bear the thought of having the other fertilized eggs "tossed away", so, why not just use them all?

Then whacko doc inserts all 8 (what if there'd been 50?), expecting what?

Mengele would have been so proud, expecially with the lack of growth hormone.

Geez, when my son got his braces the orthodontist asked him if he could handle the responsibility. WTF was this doctor in questioning this situation?