The whole point of free speech is not to make ideas exempt from criticism but to expose them to it.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Welcome, Mr. Newland

Bob Newland has agreed to post here to help me fill the content void that will be left by my concerning myself with making a living.

Bob, as most of you know, has been a one-issue guy for some time. We have agreed that Bob will not turn my blog into a mouthpiece for NORML. He will comment on drug legalization only once in five posts.

Bob is a great conversationalist, who knows I intend to keep things civil here, so we won't be calling Pat Powers or anyone else names here. That happens, no matter how entertaining, and I'm changin' passwords.

Bob's a bright guy and with Fleming on the left, Newland from a libertarian perspective and me from the semi-right, we might actually get some folks to read this thing. Balance? There's a thought.

2 comments:

PP said...

"We have agreed that Bob will not turn my blog into a mouthpiece for NORML. He will comment on drug legalization only once in five posts.

Bob is a great conversationalist, who knows I intend to keep things civil here, so we won't be calling Pat Powers or anyone else names here."


There can always be hope. Good luck with that.

Bob Newland said...

Oooooh! To the moon. TO THE MOON!

(from newland)