The whole point of free speech is not to make ideas exempt from criticism but to expose them to it.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Bring it on. Please. Pretty Please.

Ok, maybe I like the spectacle of politics
a little too much for it's own sake.

Maybe I get caught up in the personalities
sometimes when I should be more
rational and wonkey about the issues.

But I gotta tell ya, when I read research like this,
I just get all tingly inside.

Obama v. Palin

As in "Now wouldn't THAT be fun to watch?!"

4 comments:

Michael Sanborn said...

Palin couldn't win the primary. Romney could, and he won't make the same mistake McCain did. Had McCain chosen Romney, it would have been a much closer race.

There aren't many self-described Republicans these days because many of us are frustrated by the religious right and their focus on gay marriage and abortion.

Obama is not a shoo-in. But, he'd be hard to beat if the election were held today.

Taunia Adams said...

"Of the five self described Republicans bribed to give an answer to this non-scientific poll, 2.6 said they would vote for Palin for a cookie. And the chance to watch her shoot out of a plane. So long as Obama isn't running. And so long as Newt Gingrich drops out of the race today. And as long as Mitt Romney is scandalized. And so long as there is no one else that steps forward for the Republican primary. Then she's definitely got our vote!"

Bill Fleming said...

Taunia, you're probably right. Too bad.
I'd really love to watch the debates.

Troy Jones said...

Underestimate Palin at your own peril. I know I underestimated the do-nothing inexperienced Jr. Senator from Illinois.